A large majority of women who choose HypnoBirthing as their method of childbirth preparation are able to achieve an easier birthing for themselves and a safer and gentle birthing for their babies.
Here are several common key factors that allow this to happen:
- They searched until they found a birth attendant who would honour their request for a normal, un-intervened birthing and they were willing to change providers if they were not comfortable with what they were hearing from the provider.
- They discussed their preferences early and often with their care provider.
- They thoroughly embraced the belief that birth is normal, natural, and healthy, and they learned to trust their birthing bodies.
- They immediately dismissed thoughts or conversations that could interfere with their birthing dreams and chose to remain upbeat, rather than uptight.
- They recognised that good nutrition is essential and carefully followed the nutrition guidelines, avoiding late term surprises.
- They did not depend on finding time; they made time, to condition their minds and their bodies to achieve the kind of deep relaxation they would practice during birthing.
- They were consciously aware that their posture affected their babies’ birth positioning, and they avoided bucket seats and other compromising positions.
- They recognised that during this period it is more important to be a good parent than a good patient.
- They empowered themselves with the knowledge that birthing belongs to them, and they reclaimed and maintained ownership of their births.
- They firmly, but politely, expressed what they needed to ensure that their babies came into the world without drugs or chemicals in their bodies, and that their birthing experience was one of joy.
“HypnoBirthing is a beautiful birth affirming opportunity – absolutely recommended as an essential support for mums and birth partners.”Mary Zefirelli, Third time Mum.
“Before I came along to your classes I felt anxious and scared of the pain and the unknown and I couldn’t wait for it to be over.
Now I feel so excited about our birthing day. I can’t wait for it and I feel very confident in my body’s ability to birth naturally.
Jane Sharman, First time Mum.
“Since the course we’re feeling in a much better head space regarding the birth of our second child. We have had a lot of change during this pregnancy so it was good to really focus on the baby and start practising our HypnoBirthing.
We enjoyed practising the techniques and hearing positive birth stories. The fear release session was very helpful.”
Jayme & David, Second time Parents.